Life in the city has been such a wonderful adventure. At times New York pronounces the stereotypical struggle of being an artist and making it work grind by grind. Other days carry the hallmark of peace and anticipation of possibilities. Since I last wrote in this space here are some highlights of the past month or so:
- Matt and Laura Bray duo play at Indian Road Cafe (we currently working on writing our next album)
- I premiered Kitchen Vignettes to be found over at my lifestyle & food blog, The Delectable Life.
- Photoshoot with the wonderful Kristin Sweeting in NYC. Check us out!
- I’m pleased to announce my appearance, on March 30, in the premiere reading of “One Nation,” a non-political inspirational celebration of America. Written by New York photographer, Victoria Medina, this unique project includes original poetry, quotes from notable Americans, and original dialogue that starts at the beginnings of America at progresses up through the late 20th century. It’s a very exciting production for the actors because each one has the opportunity to portray different characters (e.g., an older man/woman from the seventeen hundreds, then a young man/woman in the 1960s). The characters include political leaders, generals, activists, and entertainers—all are very inspiring. I am honored to be a part of this work!
- Working on the second video of my Kitchen Vignette series through The Delectable Life - STAY TUNED.
- I will be playing as part of my duo, Matt and Laura Bray, at Indian Road Cafe and other location around NYC throughout April.
Thank you for all the love and support, friends!